Municipal Patrol


Dispatchers and patrollers are on duty around the clock, seven days a week. They patrol Dollard-des-Ormeaux and enforce municipal bylaws related to:

For more informations

Emergency calls: 911

R U OK Program

The Municipal Patrol also offers the R U OK Program to seniors and vulnerable residents to ensure their safety.

Are you interested?

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Dollard-des-Ormeaux’s Municipal Patrol Department was created in 1980 to provide the municipality with its own ability to enforce municipal by-laws to meet the special needs of its residents. The department operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to maintain the quality of life that residents expect of Dollard-des-Ormeaux.

Our department operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and can be reached anytime by calling 514-684-6111. Our offices are located at 10 Sunnydale, Dollard-des-Ormeaux (fire station building at the corner of Des Sources Blvd).

The Municipal Patrol’s mandate is to apply the by-laws in effect on its territory (nuisance, peace and good order, noise, surveillance of parks, water usage, and animal control, among others). Occasionally, we are required to intervene when a crime has been committed, but this type of situation is handed over to the Service de police de la Ville de Montréal (SPVM) as soon as possible for intervention and investigation. If you have a complaint regarding a crime, call 911 immediately!

The Municipal Patrol also offers the R U OK program to seniors and vulnerable residents. Members of the program receive a phone call every day to check on their well-being. If you are a senior or vulnerable person who could benefit from a daily phone call and would like to be part of the program, contact the Municipal Patrol captain at 514-684-4550

Once issued, tickets (or statements of offence) are legal documents and, therefore, cannot be altered, rescinded or destroyed. They remain the property of the municipal court. For all questions, refer to the Montréal Municipal Court’s website or contact the Information Department at 514-872-2964.

Access to information requests are subject to the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information. Some information, such as the identity of plaintiffs and other personal information, is privileged. Our department does not make this type of information public. You can obtain an access to information form on the City’s website.


If you are the plaintiff and wish to know the status of your complaint on file, contact the Municipal Patrol captain at 514-684-4550. To facilitate the process, we strongly suggest including the intervention number when submitting a follow-up request.

Some traffic problems, speeding among others, are handled by the City’s Traffic Committee, which you can contact by email at Be sure to include your name, address and phone number so that the Committee can follow up on your complaint. The Committee meets monthly to review the complaints, suggestions and comments received and to formulate a proper action plan.

When the Municipal Patrol finds a dog or cat with a City medallion, the animal’s owner is automatically contacted to retrieve the animal. Dogs or cats not wearing a City medallion are considered abandoned and are sent to an animal shelter.

Boil water advisory in effect in the DDO territory